Saturday, February 19, 2011

Different~ Prologue

Prologue to my story :D

~ - ~


Human. How they laugh at me, taunt me, torment me. All for being different.


I stared at myself in the crystal glass, my anger reflecting back, doubling as it went. I put a dark hand to my cheek- red with rage, not red with their magick.

Leaning in, I pressed my pointy triangular nose against the cool surface of the glass. My deep hazel eyes- so unlike the oceanic silver of theirs stared back. Without warning, an icy tear rolled down my cheek and steadily more started to fall. The ice began slowly to put out the flames burning across my face, and replacing anger with hurt.

I began, more hurriedly now, to examine my body. My burnt umber hair, so lifeless and dull without the pale, silver and gold strands. Yanking my hair back roughly and with fingertips entwined with hair I inspected my ears. They are soft and rounded, not the classical beauty of those so pointed.

I twisted and turned, straining to see-to imagine the feather light gossamer that could never float so regally behind me.


As I stood mulling over how dismal the whole situation was, Dusk burst in through the archway, panting breathlessly.

"They're here."


1 comment:

  1. I love it Blair Bear! <3 I can't wait until the very first update :)

    ReplyDelete