Sunday, February 20, 2011

--The Art Of Forgetting-- Update 3

The bottle went around the circle and it stopped in Kale’s hands. Agilely he spun the bottle, and I watched it slowly spin around and around, I swear it was in slow motion mode. When I had realized where the bottle stopped, my guts felt like coming out. The hole on top of the bottle seemed to swallow me into it. I felt like I had been trapped within it, and there is nothing I could do to change the result. A part of me was excited to see what he was going to pull out of the hat and the other half of me was screaming at me, telling me to run out of the room. I glanced at Kale and he was lightly blushing. Michelle handed him the hat and he stuck his hand in. I crossed my toes hoping for something decent to come out of the box. He held a slip of paper in his hand and read it out loud,
 
“Seven minutes in heaven in a closet....but each of you must remove an article of clothing,” the whole circle went silent. Everyone knew this was going to be good...yet awkward. The only person who would be excited for me was Addison, but she was wasted.
“Go on you two!”Michelle got up and pulled us up. She shoved Kale and me into the closet. “I will tell you when you’re time is up! Remember when you come out something must be taken off!” she closed the closet door behind us, and the closet became dark. I sat down on the shaggy carpet, and Kale followed. We had our backs against the walls, and our shoulders were touching one another’s. We probably sat like that for a minute, and that’s when the real awkwardness kicked in.
“So what do you want to take off?” he asked me softly.
“Erm...what?”
“Well we have to take off something, or else they’ll bug us outside.”
“I don’t know I guess my leggings since, I have a skirt on.”
“Alright then I will take off my shirt,” he pulled his shirt over his head and rested it on his laps. I slid my leggings off and put them beside me, and the closet was filled with silence again.
“How much longer until we get out?” I asked.
“Only a minute has passed by,” he sighed. I sat there waiting for the time to pass by, we talked a little but that was just it. There was a part of me that wanted to take advantage of this moment and actually kiss him. Now or never.
“K-Kale can I ask you something and you promise you won’t laugh?” I stuttered. My palms started to sweat, and I felt very un-comfortable.
“I promise, scouts honour!” he held his hand to his heart.
“H-h-have you ever wondered what it felt like to kiss each other?” I spat out quickly. I turned completely red. I could feel his eyes staring right at me. I should have kept quiet. He was silent and my heartbeat drummed through my ears. Time flew as I waited for a response. The seconds felt like hours. I couldn’t take it anymore, “Never mind it was a stupid question.” I turned the other way. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around, and looked down at my hands.
Kale’s hand traveled up my arm, until it was on my cheek. He pulled out his phone and turned it on. Light shone in the closet. He leaned forward, and pressed his lips against mine. They were warm, yet soft. He pulled me closer, and wrapped his arms around my waist. My hands moved up his chest, and carefully I wrapped my arms around his neck. He slowly pulled back but kept himself close to me, we were nose to nose.
“Did that answer your question?” he smiled. My heart did several flips. Everyone in the basement started cheering wildly.
“Five...Four...Three...Two!..One...Happy New Year!” everyone shouted.
He looked at me and smiled, and we both had the same idea on our minds.
“Happy New Year,” we whispered to each other. I pushed myself on him and pressed my freshly kissed lips on his.

                                                              -------------------------
“Hello? Anyone home?” Kale had walked through the front door wearing denim jeans and a blue and yellow plaid shirt. I slid of the stool and jumped into his arms, and wrapped my legs around him. I planted a big sloppy kiss on his mouth. “Woah there babe, no need to get all frisky.”
“I just missed you that’s all,” I hugged him tightly. He gently put me down, and wrapped his arm around my waist.
“Sure you were, you just want me all over you,” he smirked, “Don’t you worry babe we will have tons of fun tonight. You can bet on it.” I slipped into my flip flops and grabbed my bag. I followed him out to his truck and closed the front door behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment