Sunday, February 20, 2011

--The Art Of Forgetting-- Update 6

“Well I think I am going to take a shower,” Nate brushed passed me, and went down the stairs. That left me and Kale alone in the kitchen. I propped myself up on to the counter and waited for him to finish his eggs. Kale was slowly chewing on his egg that was one of my biggest pet peeves when it came to Kale. It would take him forever to eat his food, unless it was Chinese of course.
 
After he had finished his food, he put the dishes into the sink and chugged a glass of water.
“Finally you’re done!” I twirled a pen between my fingers.
“I don’t take that long,”
“Yeah you do! All the time, it takes you forever to eat,” he walked over to me, and put his hands around my waist.
“Well sorry for chewing my food,” he said offensively.
“You know I love you right?” I put my finger on his cheek. He moved his head, and bit it gently enough it still hurt.
“Ow!” I winced.
“Sorry let me kiss it better,” he kissed my finger, and then worked his way up my arm all the way to my lips. He kissed me gently, and I could still taste the pepper off his lips. His hands worked their way up and down my back, and slowly underneath my shirt. I stopped. “Is something wrong?”
I put my hands on his chest and let out a little sigh, “listen...I really really love you. I really love it when you kiss me, I love it when you touch me, but...Kale we need to move on past that.”
“What do you mean?”
“Last night...and don’t change the subject on me, last night Kale I thought you and I were going to have sex for once! I thought that it was just going to be me and you. I don’t understand why you won’t have sex with me. Am I not good enough? Am I too innocent? I just want the truth for once please.”
“You want the truth?” he sucked in a big deep breath, “well...the truth is...I’m scared. I’m scared about not doing things right. I’m scared about you leaving me after sex.”
I stared at him for a long time. “Do you honestly think that? Do you honestly think I am going to leave you after sex?”
“Yes...”
“Are you out of your mind? Kale I would never ever leave you. When I say I love you, I mean it! I want you. I want you to be my first, and my last. Kale I love you...” I pulled myself into his arms, and wrapped my legs around him.
“I love you too Megan,” he kissed the crook of my neck. I pulled back, and pressed my lips against his. As our kiss deepened tears trailed down my cheek. Kale picked me up, and took me to my room. I wiped my tears away quickly as I could with my free hand. Kale kicked opened the door to my room, and set me on the bed. I wrapped myself in my covers while he went into the bathroom. Finally he came back after a while, and smiled at me. “Are you ready Megan?”
“Ready for what?” I asked curiously.
“Are you ready to give me your soul?”
“Uh...not quite there yet,” I smiled.
“Too bad!” he leapt on the bed, and wrapped his arms around my waist. He pulled me on top of him. I looked into his seductive blue eyes and blushed. I kissed him hard, and he kissed me back. His hands went underneath my shirt and they clasped on to my bra. He slowly un-hooked it, and then took the shirt off my back too.
Being naked in front of Kale felt natural. Slowly I got his clothes off too and the two of us were in each other’s arms.
“I can’t believe I never did this before,” he said breathlessly.
“Me neither,” He cupped my cheek with his hands and looked into my eyes.
“I love you Megan Dixon.”
“I love you too...” For the rest of the hour we lay there on my bed. No longer virgins. “You know what’s funny?”
“What?”
“That we never planned this...it just happened.”
“Maybe sex wasn’t meant to be planned...it just comes naturally.” He got out of bed and slipped into his boxers which lay beside my night stand. I took my covers and wrapped them around me.
“Where are you going?” I asked.
“Going to take a shower,” he sniffed his pits, “do you still have some of my shirts here?”
“Yeah they’re in my closet,” I pointed at the pink door in the corner of my room. He walked over to the closet and pulled out a dress shirt I got him a while back, and he pulled out his favourite black dress, which belonged to me.
“You’re wearing this tonight,” he threw the dress at me.
“Why?” I caught it between my fingers and set it aside.
“Because you look beautiful in that dress and I want everyone to be jealous of you tonight,” he grinned.
“I hate you.”
“Why?”
“Because you make me blush way too much, it doesn’t feel normal!” I pouted.
“That’s what boyfriends do Megs,” he came back to me and kissed my forehead and walked across the hall with his clothes, and a towel. I collapsed back into my bed and smiled as wide as I could. Nothing could make me mad now, not Marissa, not Nate, nobody, because I have Kale, and he will always forever be mine.

I took a shower and changed into my black tube dress. I straightened my brown regularly curly hair, and put on light make-up. Kale sitting on my bed waiting for me to finish. I couldn’t move around as fast, because I was sore in certain places.
“Thanks a lot Kale,” I straightened out my dress, and fixed my hair.
“What did I do?” he got off the bed, and walked over to me, “besides make love to you,” he kissed my cheek.
“I’m soooore!” I whined. I leaned against his chest. He kissed the top of my head, and wrapped his arms around me.
“I’m sorry. You aren’t the only one who’s sore.”
“Hee hee I’m sorry too...well do you think people will find out?” I looked up into his blue eyes.
“By the way we are walking...probably,” he pressed his nose against mine, and tried to kiss me. I swiftly took my hand and put it between our lips. “Why not?” he frowned.
“I just put on lip gloss and I want it to last for the first hour at least.”
“Please just one kiss...” he made a long face.
“Fine just one...” I went on my tippy toes, and he bent down cloaking me in his arms. He pressed his warm lips on mine. It felt good kissing him. It felt real good.

We left my house half an hour after the party actually started. We rang the doorbell together, and Marissa opened the door. Her hair was pretty wild. She had a zebra print dress on and her lipstick was smeared across her face. Behind her there were kids holding bottles or cans of beer, talking, gossiping, making out, grinding, and dancing. The air smelled like cigarettes, beer and cheap perfume. Not my kind of party.
“Nice to see you guys made it,” she smiled forcefully. I honestly don’t know what it is, but she and I never got along. She always made fun of me, she humiliated me, she did everything you could think of, but hey I am not better either.
“Yeah we couldn’t miss you’re party,” Kale smiled. Yeah...I could. Marissa stepped aside, and walked down the hall. Kale put his hands on my waist and steered me down the stairs.
“Why are we going down stairs?”
“Because that’s where the cool people hang out.”
“When you mean cool people, you mean Josh, Addison, Brad, Danielle, Trish, and Justin?” I laughed.
“Who else?” we joined the ‘cool people’ and started mingling. Addison was snuggled up with Josh her new boyfriend as of this morning. The rest of them just leaned against the wall, and talked. When we came into the reach of their radius Kale automatically left my side, and bumped shoulders with Justin.
“Meggy!” Addison gave me a big hug, “you look sexy! You and Kale look amazing together.”
“Hey Addison,” I hugged her back, “why thank you gorgeous. Kale made me wear this dress, and of course I couldn’t say no.”
“So how was last night?” she bumped my shoulder.
“Do not remind me...”
“What? He wasn’t good in bed?” she looked confused.
“Noooo,” I shook my head, “we didn’t even manage do to it, he got himself drunk and I spent my night alone in bed.”
“I’m sorry...” Addison patted my back, “maybe another time?”
“Too late...” I blushed.
“Wait...What?”
“This afternoon, my room. Three .Words. I. Loved. It.” Addison covered her mouth.
“No way!” she squealed. She pulled me aside, “So...how was it?”
“It was too great for words Addy. He knew when to touch, where to touch, how to kiss, when to kiss. It was magical.”
“Now you want me doing it with Josh!” she laughed.
“Don’t do it too soon,” I warned, “do it when you feel like he’s the one for you.”
“Oh please Megan. I’m not stupid.... I just really hope this works out between us.” She shifted her eyes to the floor, then looked back up and smiled at my weakly. “I better go to him, he looks lonely.”
I looked back at Kale and he looked occupied with his friends, and I didn’t feel like bugging him. I walked across the room and grabbed me a can of sprite, and started to talk to some people. I talked to a couple of girls that were in my biology class, and some guys who helped me put a dance together. After talking to fifty people I lost track of time, and thought it would be a good idea to find Kale. I walked back to the ‘cool people’ and he wasn’t to be seen. Brad was leaning against the door with an ‘I’m pissed’ looked on his face. I assumed that he knew where Kale went, seeing that they are best friends.
“Hey Brad,” I smiled. He looked at me and frowned. “What’s up?” He didn’t say anything. “Do you know where Kale is?” He looked down. “Are you going to answer me?”
He sighed, “Kale got mad at Andrew because Andrew spilled Budweiser on his shirt. Then Kale pushed him, and Andrew shoved back. Then Andrew called Kale a pussy, and Kale told him to fuck off. I tried to stop it, but you know male testosterones. So then Luke told them to have a drinking contest and that’s what’s going on over there,” he pointed towards the bar.
My blood started to boil. I turned away from Brad without saying a word. I cut through the crowd of people. What was he thinking? He promised me that he wouldn’t drink tonight. When I get my hands on him he is going to be dead. Why couldn’t he just behave for once? Why couldn’t he let that slide between Andrew and him?
Strangely this side of the room seemed awfully familiar. There were girls standing on top of the bar trying to act sexy. The guys who were sitting on the stool were whistling their ass off. The strobe lights were flashing everywhere, and honestly this side of the room looked like a whore fest. I pushed passed the crowd of boys, and found myself staring at Kale and Andrew. Both Kale and Andrew looked wasted to the point they couldn’t stand up.
Andrew clumsily put the shot of vodka to his lips. He tilted his head back, and swallowed it in one gulp. He put the shot down, and smiled wryly. Kale pulled his head back and let out a drunken laughter. He grabbed his shot glass and swallowed it. Marissa cheered at his ear; put her hands all over him. That was it she crossed the line. I pushed my way through the crowd of boys, and to Kale.
“Get your hands off of him!” I pushed Marissa, and she fell into a bunch of girls. She scowled at me. At this moment she could scowl all she wanted to, I could care less right now. I turned back to Kale and grabbed on to his arm, “Kale stop being stupid! You’re drunk, and Kale you promised me none of this crap!” he pushed me into Brad, who caught me. “Thanks.” Tears started to run down my cheek, I couldn’t watch this. He promised tonight would be different. I pushed past Brad and ran up the stairs with warm runny tears washing my make-up off. Addison called behind me, but I didn’t listen, this night just keeps getting worse and worse.
I rushed to Marissa’s deck and leaned against it. Tears flooded my eyes, and everything was blurry.
“Why Kale?” I sobbed, “Kale you promised...” I reached into my dress pocket and pulled out my cell phone. I dialed Nate’s number which I knew by heart, for moments like these. If there was anyone’s phone number in the world I had to remember it would always be Nate’s. “H-h-hello Nate?”
“Meggo? Meggo are you alright? What happened? What’s wrong?”
“Can you please pick me up from Marissa’s please...?”
“Yeah, I’ll be right there.” He hung up the phone, and I knew in about a half an hour he would be here soon.
I stood there hugging myself from the wind. I knew I should have brought a jacket with me. Just then I heard the French doors slam shut. I clenched my fists, and turned around. Kale was covered in sweat, and his shirt was ruined. From where I was standing I could smell the alcohol off of him.
“Mmmmegan,” he took three sloppy steps, and tried to hug me.
“Don’t you dare take another step towards me,” I warned, “look at you! You are a mess! You smell disgusting, you are covered in sweat, and you ruined your clothes! But that’s not even the worst part! You broke my promise for the second night in a row! Kale how could you do this to me?”
He looked at me sleepily, “I did all of this for you,” he slurred, “That son of a bitch said he was gonna sex you up! He was going to kidnap you or something...and I don’t like it when someone messes with my girl,” he planted a sloppy kiss on my cheek. “Megan Dixon I love you!”
“Kale please shut up! I’m not in the mood to talk to you,” from the distance I could hear Nate’s truck making its way down the street. “Talk to me when you’re sober!” I pushed past him and hopped into the front seat.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment