Friday, February 18, 2011

--The Art Of Forgetting-- Update 1

Hello Readers, Future Readers, and Possible Readers!

I am going to share with you a tale so wild, so heartbreaking, so emotionally, it will leave your socks wet. Now before you start reading there are few things you need to know about this story.
 Well first off, there are going to be sex scenes in there, there is going to be cussing, and tragic moments, and it will make you tear up ( I hope).

On another Note I hope you enjoy it & Please Comment! Commenting makes me a happy camper & if you give me Constructive Criticism, it will improve my writing which will help the both of us.

___
___________________________________________________
I stood there in the field watching the fireworks fly up into the air, and explode making the stars jealous of their beauty. Kale had his arms around my waist, and his head resting on top of my brown curly hair. It was Canada day and our families decided to get together and celebrate the day, being the proud Canadian’s we are. My phone started to vibrate; displeasingly I shoved my hand into my pocket and pulled out my blackberry. I rolled my eyes when I saw who sent the message, of course Addison would be the one texting me when I am with Kale.
“You ok babe?” Kale whispered into my ear, while hugging me even tighter.
“Yeah it’s just Addison; I’ll give her a call later for now I just want you to stand here with me forever,” my stomach grumbled, “well after I get a hotdog.” I pulled away from him and ran up to the empty plate which was on the picnic table. My stomach obnoxiously grumbled again, “Mom where did all the hotdogs go?”
“Oh I put them in the fridge.” I sighed. Now I have to go inside to get a hotdog? What kind of barbeque is this? I ran through the sliding doors and made my way to the fridge. I popped open the fridge while I grabbed Kale and myself a can of beer. I was applying the ketchup to my hotdog when I heard this weird moaning noise coming from the living room. I put down my hotdog and crept to the living room. My eyes grew huge and my cheeks became a vivid shade of red. My brother looked up to me and all he did was glare. Rebecca gasped, and pulled Nate on top of her.
“Meggo! Get out of here!” he complained at me.
“Why don’t you get a room?” I said as I tried to kick the mental picture of them having sex out of my head. Feeling sick to my stomach I trashed my adorned hotdog and grabbed the two cans of bud light to Kale.
“What took you so long?” he asked as he grabbed a can from my hand.
“I ran into Nate and Rebecca on the couch, “I gagged, “remind me to never follow a moaning noise again please.”
“No can do Megs,” he said mischiefly as he took a sip from his can.
“Why is that?” I questioned.
“Because one of these days you are going to be following a moan, and it’s going to belong to me, and baby I am going to be calling for your love,” he laughed. Kale put his arm around me and pulled me in closer, “Because Megan Dixon I am crazy about you.” Feeling like a total goofball I turned a blazing shade of red, and dug my face into his chest.
“I love you Kale,” I spoke quietly hoping he would reply with the same answer, and like always when my hopes were high for him, he would never tear them down.
“I love you too Megan,” he murmured softly into my ear. He pulled me down into the grass, and kissed my head gently over and over again while rubbing my arm. Could this day get any better?

Unfortunately it didn’t, because Kale soon went home with the rest of his family and I went to my room. I softly closed the door behind me and watched Kale pull out of the drive way. He winked, and disappeared into the street. I sighed and dropped on my bed with my laptop. I logged into facebook and found Addison online, might as well talk to her.
Megan Dixon:  Hey Addy! ;D
Addison Fletcher: Hi :D So did you get my text?
Megan Dixon:  Uh yeah but I didn’t get a chance to read it because I was kinda busy with Kale.
Addison Fletcher: K well Marissa is havin a party on Friday and so I was wonderin if you were gonna come?
Megan Dixon: Do I have to? I was just gonna spend the night with Kale.
Addison Fletcher: Bitch I went to your grandma’s party, you have to come to this!
Megan Dixon: But you love Grammie! Fiiiine be that way whore, but I am not going to be playing her retarded games k?
Addison Fletcher: K sure, ask Kale if he wants to come
Megan Dixon: I will talk to him later
Addison Fletcher:  Alrighty I got to go I’m hanging out with this sexy guy my cousin brought with her ;) Catch you later love <3
Addison Fletcher: Oh Happy Canada Day!
Megan Dixon: Kay bai love <3 Have fun with Mr.Sexy
Addison Fletcher: Oh you know I will ;)

I laughed and signed out. I changed into my PJ’s and combed my hair, soon enough I tucked myself into bed and closed my eyes.

The music was booming very loud, bodies were grinding against each other. The lights turned on and off, and people were shouting and hollering across the room. Marissa’s bar was crowded, there were girls dancing half naked on top of the bar. And some stupid guys were having a chugging contest across the room. I squinted my eyes and noticed Kale sitting in the hot seat, with seven empty shots in front of him. I rushed over to him and put my hand on his,
“Kale stop it!” I shook him, “look at me Kale! Stop drinking you are going to get sick!” He pushed me aside and swallowed down another shot. The guy across from him passed out on the table, without drinking the eighth shot. Kale was declared the winner. Woozily he got up and raised both of his hands,
“Take that bitch!” he screamed. He put his arm round me, “babe I’m getting kind of tired let’s go home.” I pushed his arm off of me.
“Take yourself home!” I stalked off angrily. From behind me he shouted that he can take his own ass home! I was standing on Marissa’s deck and I heard Kale’s truck roar to life. He backed out of the driveway and sped down the street.

My dream shifted

I was standing in the city hospital, and my parents and Kale’s were talking to the doctors. Kale’s mom was crying brutally. My mom put and arm around her and walked down the hallway. I glanced over at Kale’s dad he looked like he hadn’t slept in days. There were dark circles underneath his eyes. My dad walked over to me.
“Baby I have some bad news,” he began, “K-Kale is no more...” My heart banged against my chest. This could not be happening. Not Kale he had just told me he loved me. How did this happen? He couldn’t leave me now.
“No daddy, no” I buried my face in my dad’s chest and sobbed uncontrollably. He wrapped his arms around me, and stroked my hair.

I woke up in a panic. My body was dripping with sweat, and my heart raced a thousand miles per hour. I looked around me and assured myself that this was just a dream. I rubbed my eyes and looked over at my clock; it was 6:30 AM.
I arose from bed and headed to the bathroom. After taking a shower and changing into a sweater Kale bought me and leggings, I felt a lot better. I walked downstairs, and made myself toast. I sat down and munched on the toast, while watching the news.
“Another drunken driving caused accident occurred yesterday on 23rd street. Andrew Marsh, high school graduate was drunk way over the limit. He was in the car with his girlfriend Misha Tang, who is still in the hospital in the emergency room. Andrew’s friends explain that he had way too much to drink at the party last night, and he was in no condition to drive. He told them that he would manage. Now he lies dead in the city hospital. Please kids don’t drink and drive.” The news cast cut and they went to commercial. I remembered before Kale had left yesterday he had a can of beer or two. What if? What if my dream came true? I ran up the stairs and into my room. I dove across the room and grabbed my cellphone. Panicky I dialled his number. After three rings someone picked up,
“Hello? Hello? Kale!” I cried.
“Megan? Are you ok? Baby what’s wrong? What happened?” he sounded alarmed on the phone.
“Are you ok Kale?”
“Of course I am. You’re the one who doesn’t sound okay.”
“Dear sweet god, I’m glad you’re ok. I had a terrible dream about you and—“I babbled.
“Shhh I’m ok. I will come pick you up later, and we can go to the lake or something,” he suggested.
“Alright...then come soon.” I slid my phone shut and hugged it tight. I slid my phone into my boot, and went back downstairs.
“Good-morning Megan,” my mom smiled. She was making pancakes, “would you like a pancake sweetheart?”
“No I’m fine,” I said quietly.
“Sweet heart could you go wake up Nate? He has to apply for summer school,” she sounded irritated. Last year my brother didn’t do so well in school. He almost flunked every class, though he did pull it together during exam week. Mom was still pretty pissed, so she told him that Summer school was going to be his punishment.
I walked down the stairs, and into Nate’s room. Nate practically owns the entire basement. It smelled like him, it had all his stuff; now to come to think of it, it’s kind of starting to look like him. I searched the room and found him lying on the floor in his boxers. I rolled my eyes and crouched beside him. His breath reeked of alcohol. I poked his cheek.
“Wake up Nate! You have some applications to fill out today,” I shook him. His eye twitched open, and he smiled very stupidly.
“Screw you,” he whispered.
“Well that was very sweet of you, now could you please get your ass off the ground?” I tugged on his arm.
“Leave me alone Meggo,” he pushed me away. Ever since we were little Meggo was the nickname Nate solely kept for me. He got really pissed when someone else called me Meggo. Like this one time his best-friend Aaron called me Meggo, and the next day he came over to our house he had a black eye.  I was definitely only his Meggo.
“Nate please wake up!” I shook his arm, “I’m not leaving until you get up!”
“Then you can sit here all day beside me, and watch me sleep.”
“Listen Nate, I’m sorry that I saw all that. You could’ve at least gotten a room! I bet our couch smells weird now. Also were you wearing a condom? You better of been wearing a condom!” Nate sat up and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.
“You’re so funny Meggo. Man I was glad that it was you who saw us. If it was mom or her parents I would’ve been screwed. And I’m sorry you had to see that,” he punched my arm lightly.
“I won’t tell anyone,” I said as I got up from the Nate infested floor.
“Thanks Meggo. You know I love you right?” he hugged me.
“You tell me that all the time. I love you too Nate.”

No comments:

Post a Comment