Sunday, February 20, 2011

--The Art Of Forgetting-- Update 5

 The sun peeked through crack in the curtains. I got out of bed, and took a nice quick shower. I changed into something comfortable, and went to the kitchen. The kitchen was completely empty of anything good to eat, so I settled for Mini Wheat’s. Kale was still sprawled on the couch, but this time he was snoring loudly. When he wakes up I am going to give him a piece of my mind. After breakfast I thought it was time that Kale woke up.
 
I crouched beside him and kissed him. His eyes started to open, and he smiled when he saw my face.
“Good morning babes,” he stretched.
“Humph...good morning? I don’t think so!” I sat down on the coffee table and crossed my arms.
“What’s wrong? The sun is shining and I am in a good mood,” he smiled.
“Well isn’t that wonderful for you?” I sneered.
“What’s wrong? Is it something I did? Something I said?” he furrowed his eyebrows, and looked disappointed in himself.
“Listen Kale...you promised me last night that you would only drink two beers. I trusted you on that, and you broke my promise. You practically finished the whole case! This is the third time in a row that you have ruined a special night for us. And you’re lucky that I ran into Jared, or else you would have woken up in the sand.”
“Babes I’m sorry. How about tonight? I will make it up to you. And who’s Jared?”
“We can’t tonight; you and I are invited to Marissa’s party. I promised Addison that we would go to the party, because I don’t break promises. Oh Jared...he’s just a guy who was camping with his nieces and friends. He said that he heard you mooing and wondered what the fuck a cow was doing here.”
“Well...we could book a room for a hotel tonight if that’s what you want?” he put his hands on my knees, “Megan...I’m really sorry.”
“Sorry doesn’t cut it this time,” I said coldly.
“Then what do you want me to do?”
“Just don’t drink tonight please,” I pleaded.
“Alright, anything to keep you as mine,” he kissed the top of my forehead, “well let me change and we should be out. Kay?”
“What about breakfast?”
“I’ll eat when we get to your house,” he walked out of the room.

I had never been so glad to be at my house. I opened the front door cheerfully, and Kale followed. My dad was in the kitchen having a chat with Nate. Mom was probably at work.
“Good morning pumpkin,” dad said as he kissed my cheek, “did you have a good time?”
“It was fine.”
“Did he knock you up?” Nate smirked. I punched Nate in the arm, and whispered that I will tell him later.
“Nate apologize to your sister,” dad said sternly.
“Sorry Meggo, you know I love you.”
“You are forgiven,” I grabbed the jug of orange juice and poured myself a glass. Kale was already helping himself to the scrambled eggs my dad made. Dad looked at his watch and frowned,
“I must be going now, don’t want to be late. Don’t drink too much tonight you three, and have fun!”
“We won’t,” Nate and I said in unison. Kale just smiled, showing the gross eggs that were sitting on his teeth.
“So what did you two do yesterday?” Nate put his dishes in the sink, and leaned against the counter making eye contact with Kale and me.
“Why don’t you ask Kale,” I rolled my eyes, and set the empty glass down.
“What did you do?” Nate glared at him, “did you hurt her?”
“Do you really think I do that?” Kale spitted out.
“You never know,” he took three steps towards Kale.
“Chill out Nate, he didn’t hurt me...almost drowned me...but that wasn’t on purpose. Anyways you know the real reason we went to the lake right? Well he totally blew me off with his alcohol. Dude he was so drunk that this guys nieces were scared of the noises he was making!” Nate had glanced at me one more time, and burst out laughing.
“You fucking kidding me?” Nate laughed, “If you want to get in her pants, get it right man!”
“Nate! Shut up!” I whacked him upside of the head. He turned and glared at me, “so that reminds me are you coming to the party with us tonight?”
“Nope. Rebecca and I are going to spend the night at her place,” he winked.
“I do not want to know about your love life Nate.”
“You know you do,” he grinned, “you want your love life just to be as good as mine.”

As much as it pains for me to say...but Nate was right. I do want my love life to be just as good as his. I mean right now it’s alright. Kale says the right things, does the right things (usually), though it’s not exciting. Every weekend Nate gets together with his girlfriend and they well have...sex. Sex is one of the things Kale and I never...tried to do. It always seemed like, when I brought sex up Kale would change the subject. I wasn’t sure what his problem was with sex, if he wasn’t ready then its ok. Sometimes I feel I am not ready for it, and other days I crave it. There was this one night when I had absolutely thought I was going to lose my virginity to Kale.

It had been three months since we had been dating. Kale had been such a sweetheart, and a romantic. He would kiss me when he got the chance, he told me I’m beautiful in the silenced moments, and he would text me good-morning. Spring break was coming around the corner, so both of our parents decided to have a joint family vacation. We were to spend the week in Quebec City.

If you had ever been in Quebec, you would know that it is beautiful and so cultural it makes you feel beautiful. On every corner of the City there was love and romance lingering through the air. Our parent’s had decided to rent each of us a car. Kale and I had our own car, and Nate and Rebecca had theirs. I was glad they did that or else I would have to see Nate and Rebecca being a couple.

Kale and I had our hands laced through each other’s and we were romantically walking through the streets of Old Quebec. Everything was so old, and breath taking in this ancient City. At that moment I really wanted to get married to Kale and move here, so we could happily spend our lives with each other.

We had only two more nights in Quebec and on the second last night Kale decided we should just spend the night with each other. He had said he ordered sundaes and rented a movie for us. We were watching ‘The Notebook.’ We were all bunched up under the blanket. He had his arm around my shoulder, and I had my head resting against his chest. Through the duration of the movie, I had felt Kale fiddling around with my strap. I looked up at him, and he looked down at me. As if he read my mind he kissed me, and I kissed him back.

The kissing got more intense, and we had forgotten about the movie. I rolled over on my back, and he had both of his arms around me and his lips on mine. We rolled around on the bed, and each time we rolled an article of clothing came off. Our clothes were scattered across the bed, and I was just in my bra and underwear, Kale was covered in sweat, and was in his boxers. He had me on him and he was playing around with my bra hook. I wasn’t sure if he wanted to actually take it all the way tonight.
“Kale...” I moaned. He held me close to him and got up. He took the blanket and wrapped it around me.
“I’m sorry babe I can’t do this...” he dropped his head in shame.
“Don’t apologize...if you’re not ready then you’re not,” I put the blanket over his shoulders and grabbed on to his arm.

That night....I fell asleep in his arms, still a virgin.

No comments:

Post a Comment