Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fucking Perfect -- The Short Story

"I won't ever make you feel any less than fucking perfect."

 

            Have you ever had a close friend who is the complete opposite gender of you? And you always think to yourself we are just going to stay as friends because, that is all I see them as. Well I was one of those people who believed once you are my friend you are always going to stay my friend and nothing more. I was wrong.
            Shea Westfield and I have known each other since high school; she was a pretty cool person though I’d never date her. She wasn’t ugly or anything she didn’t seem to be my type at the time. Besides I wasn’t looking for a relationship at the time, I just needed a friend. Shea and I would do almost everything together. She wasn’t one of those girls who dressed all girly and were afraid of acne and looking fat. She always told me that natural was the best way to go, and I agree with her. When I looked at her before graduation I always saw her as my best-friend. Well after graduation I saw more than a girl who I considered as my best-friend.
            I saw a beautiful girl who needed to be looked over twice so you could absorb her beauty, and say to yourself ‘if only she was mine.’ I had never noticed her eyes before but that day the left me speechless. Her eyes are just indescribable. I guess you could sum it up in a word, grey. But if you look at them in just in the right light, you see sparkling grey eyes. Under the moon light they make the moon jealous because, the moon can never compete with those eyes. When she looks at you with those eyes you feel a shiver run down your spine.

            It wasn’t until after graduation when I had decided that I would steer our relationship in a different direction. I was too late. Just after graduation she got to know Aaron a guy in our graduating class very well, and guess what? They were both going to attend the same college together. Awesome.
            They now have been dating for about six months and I don’t think I have ever seen her like this before. Her eyes were bulging out of her head, she would smile all the time, she looked happy...the happiest I have ever seen her. We barely hung out anymore; she always seemed too busy with her new boyfriend. They would go for long car rides, not me. They would go out for ice cream, not me. He would have his arms around her, not mine. I felt stupid; I should have said something to her before he came into the picture. Maybe she would have been mine and we’d do all of those things together, maybe even more.
            I was at club one night with a bunch of my friends from college. I was sitting at the bar having a couple of drinks here and there. That’s when I saw it. In the corner of my eye I swore I recognized Aaron and beside him was some blonde. He had his arm around her waist and he was kissing her neck, and his hands were all over her body. My stomach sank. Shea had no idea that he was cheating on her, I had to tell her, she needs to break this off. I called her up and explained to her everything that had happened, and she just only laughed. She told me that he was in Chicago to visit his family, and that he wouldn’t be home for at least another week. I tried telling her she was wrong, and that he was right here with some blonde. She told me I was wasted and that I needed to go to sleep, and then hung up on me.
            One night Shea thought that she would surprise him when he came back from Chicago. She went into his apartment and made supper, and had cleaned his apartment. She was lying in his bed watching the time tick when the front door opened at 1 AM. Aaron had walked in...But he wasn’t alone. Behind him was the blonde he had been screwing for the past week. Shea went to the front door to greet him but stood dead in her tracks when she saw them kissing. She screamed at him, and threw glasses, vases, anything that she could get her hands on. She ran out the door crying. She ran five blocks straight and knocked on my door. I opened it and she collapsed in my arms and bawled that whole night. I wrapped my arms around her and stroked her telling her how he was a douchebag and how she deserved much better. Slowly she fell asleep and I carried her to bed and tucked her in. I spent the rest of the night working on a song, which would fix everything.
            I crashed on the couch that night; I spent most of the night working on that song. I wouldn’t have woken up at 12 if it wasn’t for the smell of eggs and bacon. I rubbed my eyes and saw Shea standing in the kitchen over the oven cracking eggs. Her hair was pulled up in a sloppy bun and she was wearing an old Nike t-shirt of mine and shorts.
            “Good morning sleepy head, I thought I’d be nice and make breakfast,” she smiled, “I hope that you don’t mind me borrowing your clothes.”
            “Mornin’ and no not at all you can keep them if you want I don’t care,” I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a plate of bacon and eggs. She turned to me and grabbed my hand.
            “Thanks for letting me crash here...” she smiled.
            “Mi casa es su casa,” I laughed.
           
            Later that night I asked her if she wanted to go for a walk. She agreed and I grabbed my guitar before we went out the door. She questioned me and asked me why I brought the guitar with me; I made up some lame excuse and kept walking. We walked through a park, and it was lit with stringed lights. It looked as if the stars came down to earth just to rest in the trees of the park. The park would be the perfect place to unveil the song. I led her up to a gazebo which was in the middle of park. Not many people were here to witness the song, but I just thought privacy would be a good thing for this...especially if I messed up.
            “So I wrote something last night,” I began.
            “Ah...hence the guitar,” she laughed.
            “Yeah...and I wrote this for you. Sit back...relax and listen because I mean every word of it.” I pulled out my guitar from its case and started strumming.

I know how you feel inside
You're in love and so am I
But you're with some other guy
I should be the one by your side

He cheated
Made you feel no good
I told you that he would
I knew he'd make you cry

You're broken
Let me make it better
Glue you back together
Just give me a try

Pretty pretty please
Don't you ever ever feel
Like you're less than, fucking perfect
If you get with me
I won't ever make you feel
Any less than fucking perfect, you'll see

At his house you found her clothes
Tried to play you and say who's are those
He's so stupid
Here's how i know
what kinda genius would let
Perfection go

He's conceited, only 'bout himself
He loves nobody else
He ain't even fly

You're broken
Let me make it better
Glue you back together
Just give me a try

Pretty pretty please
Don't you ever ever feel
Like you're less than, fucking perfect
If you get with me
I won't ever make you feel
Any less than fucking perfect, you'll see


It's gonna take time girl
To heal that hole (he left)
Exactly how long I don't know but
You got pain and I know a remedy
You gotta, start kickin it with someone like me
Now you're overanalyzing all of your thoughts
Start to thinkin it's all your fault
But baby girl don't you go and blame yourself
He's just a douchebag
He's just a douchebag

OooOoOoh

I was hopin
You'd let me replace him
I would straight erase him
Right out of your mind

Pretty pretty please
Don't you ever ever feel
Like you're less than, fucking perfect
If you get with me
I won't ever make you feel
Any less than fucking perfect, you'll see
Pretty pretty please
Don't you ever ever feel
Like you're less than, fucking perfect
If you get with me
I won't ever make you feel
Any less than fucking perfect, you'll see

I looked back into her eyes and she just stared at me. Tears started to fill her eyes and I knelt down beside her resting my hands on her knees. She took her hands and laced them through mine. She leaned closer to me, so close I could feel her breath on my cheek.
            “I love you Shea.”
            “I love you too.” I leaned forward and pressed my lips against her and kissed her softly. That was the first day to the rest of my life with her. 

-------------------
I really hope you enjoyed this short story I just whipped up actually. This short story was inspired by "Fucking Perfect" by Travis Garland. 
Travis Garland did a cover by P!nk's "Fucking Perfect" and he changed it up and bit. I honest to god fell in love with song, and thought hey why not write a short story about it? Well there it is and I hope you liked it.

If you want to hear Travis Garland sing the video is posted below so enjoy.




1 comment: